Huge thanks and congratulations to everyone who is helping us to bridge the generational gap - this award is for you! In particular, many thanks and congratulations to:
- all our volunteers, whatever their age, who give their time to visit residents or bring joy through cards, knitting, and so many other ways of support
- the babies and young children of our volunteers who bring so many smiles when they come for visits too
- Embracing Age Isle of Wight, pioneering projects with the local girls' brigade making cards for care home residents
- Let's Go Outside and Learn for their partnership with us in bringing together schools and care homes through wonderful intergenerational gardening projects
- our incredible Schools Liaison volunteers in London Borough of Richmond upon Thames bringing schools and care homes together through other community connections
If you'd like to know how you get involved in our intergenerational work, please check out our opportunities here or get in touch. We have opportunities for all ages across the country!
You can read GranndNanny's blog on the Awards here.